Monday, September 14, 2009

So I started a blog.

I decided I needed a place to put all these little ideas of mine. It's late, I'm tired... but oh well. At least I now have a little slice of the web log pie for myself.

I was reading earlier some quotes by Friedrich Nietzsche (pronounced free-drick nee-cha, so I found), and was captivated by a quote that read, "When you stare into the abyss the abyss stares back at you." I pulled the quote from a shady website that had many variants so I can't be sure as to which was the correct saying (I'm sure Nietzsche is rolling in his grave due to abundant misuse of his words). Anyways, it instilled the image of death into my thought-pool as an actual metaphysical entity waiting for the opportune moment to strike. I now have the urge to go look at some artistic depictions of the grim reaper.

**at this point the writer of this blog has wandered off to Google to look for some artistic depictions of the grim reaper**

Haha wow that was as awesome as I was expecting it to be.

Okay enough with that digression. But yes... I named this blog "The abyss stares back." as something to get death on the minds of people. Or something like that. I don't know... it sounded like a good idea at the time.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment